So today I dragged myself to anything that I could possibly do and accomplish. I know that Monday was supposed to be a day for rest, (at least for someone who spends his/her day in a full time volunteerism in the ministry) but I couldn’t complain more. I love what I do and there is nothing to regret about except of what I am feeling right now.
I have to accomplish paperworks that are due tomorrow for a presentation and yet I am feeling my immune system at its low moment. Last night, while I was in one of our churches in Bulacan (a 2-3 hour travel from home), I had colds attack and my body cannot seem to recuperate by itself because of the intoxicated turn of events while we were there.
1. Water supply from the community was shut down all at once. (This only happens in the Philippines, I guess)
2. Our electric stove won’t work. (for the first time in its history)
3. The children were too loud and way out of control. (some of them were not present and yet their noise was just the same)
4. My runny nose started to have its way and was beyond my control (until today)
5. And I can say the least, a crazy jeepney ride on our way back to Manila (and I say, really crazy)
So today, I dragged myself to get up while my body was not feeling it, dragged myself to take a bath, eat breakfast, go to work, and eat lunch. I usually write when I am driven to do so, when I have the energy but not today, I feel my body pulling away from anything that I am doing but my brain just won’t stop and I think that’s a good sign, a good thing. Did I just drag myself to write? No way! No matter how this day turns out to be, even if I have to drag myself to doing the things that are needed to be done, I am still grateful. I am privileged to still have a work, a work that is mostly paid by heavenly currency. I am blessed and with confidence I can say, I am healed! Thank You Jesus!